Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sinchon Signage

Having nothing to do today, I walked around Sinchon. It has a pretty massive nightlife area with some interesting bar names so I snapped a few pics:

This place is probably only getting business by people having to come in just to see what the hell they are all about.

Apparently someone thought "Beer O'Clock" was THAT FUNNY.

I don't know where to start with this one. You named your bar "Pooh Bar" and put a very copyrighted Disney mascot drinking soju on your huge sign outside?

I'm pretty sure every famous person has a bar in Korea named after them.

Even Santa Clause! Funny thing, this is actually a hair salon. What?

And of course, there is a healthy dose of bars referencing popular musical groups.





Really?!?

2 comments:

  1. found this on the googlesearch of SSangmun, where I live. Sinchon's got some weird places (standard hofs). Suyu reminds me a bit of it, if you get a chance to check it (it's a little smaller). Anyhow, I think I've seen you around the general area a time or two, I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Judas or Sabbath is my favorite. They aren't even two relative choices, musically or spiritually. And, the obvious answer, in either case would be Sabbath anyway. The bar should just be called Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete