Thursday, June 11, 2009

News


Here's that good news I was promising: Jess is coming July 26. Funny thing is, she won't even be getting the visa, just coming over as a tourist. It's been a looong time since I've seen her so it's going to be pretty surreal having her over here and adapting into a life that I'm already very very familiar with. She's coming just in time for my big one-week vacation at the end of the month too, so not only is she getting a place to stay but also a personal assistant (me) to see her through the rough spots and personally acclimatize her to Korean life 24/7 for the whole week! I'm planning on renting a car and driving around the countryside with Jess, Gord and Charlotte so she can tack on "amazing roadtrip" to her list of reasons why it'll pay off to finally come here.

In other news, which may or may not be slightly diluted by the above news, my good friend Adam Saikaley will be coming and staying with me for a week at the end of June! Not only that, but he's looking to perform here, so I managed to talk to the right people and set up a gig for him. He does musique concrète kind of stuff (check the link above), and I found a great venue that would receive his music nicely. Not only that, but I'm going to be joining him on drums for a bit of improvisation. So anyone in Seoul reading this oughtta come check us out when the time comes. I'll be posting more info on here and my facebook page!

Anyways, those are two big things that are keeping me going right now. My new schedule still sucks and I'm closing the book on week 2 now. Someone is apparently coming at the end of June to lift my burden. Hopefully I'll get some of my old classes back.

I spent the last 2 weekends on the beach and the tranquility was in stark contrast to my busy work week. I'll have some pictures and details up next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment