Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FATTY

My eating habits are terrible. People laugh when I tell them that I feel like I'm getting fat, but honestly, it's not like I will thicken to the average person's size before getting fat. No, it's more like, I'll maintain my sickly physique, but develop a spare tire around my waist or a waddle under my chin. Or just become very unhealthy and out of shape. Or both. Either way, I feel unhealthy.

I may be grasping for excuses here, but when you're alone in a foreign land and everything else around you is so alien, it's hard to resist eating fatty comfort food. Not to mention the fact that after a long day of acclimatizing my brain to the non-stop stimuli of a completely different culture, the last thing I feel inclined to do is take the first step towards learning how to cook healthy meals for myself at home. And it sure doesn't help that I can't even read any of the labels in the grocery store.

Anyone have any suggestions? If this goes on for any longer, this may be what greets you coming off the plane back in Ottawa:


On a brighter note, I just remembered how much I missed Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. "People laugh..."

    "Gord and Charlotte laughed..."

    I understand what you mean though, I was eating much more fast food when I first arrived and then I was feeling so shitty that I just stopped. Now I'll eat it once in a while... mostly on Korean food now. I'm back on dolsot bibimbap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eat more fruits!
    that photo rules.
    miss uuu!!!

    ReplyDelete